As urologist, I would like to make all of my expertise available to all patients and to advise and care for you in conservative and surgical matters. In the course of my work as senior physician in the teaching hospital KH der Barmherzigen Brüder, I can offer a wide range of treatment options and an interdisciplinary care not only in the practice but also in the hospital. Very important to me are individual care, disease prevention as well as sufficient time for conversation.
Languages: German, English
- Conservative urology with a focus on AndroCHECK (preventive examination for men)
- urodynamic clarification (incontinence,...)
- desire to have children
- surgical urology through work in the hospital KH der Barmherzigen Brüder (laparoscopy and robot-assisted (daVinci) surgery (prostatectomy, kidney surgery,...)
- tumour surgery
- incontinence surgery
- oncology (cancer care and tumour aftercare)
- Medical studies at the University of Vienna
- Training as general practitioner at the hospital KH der Barmherzigen Brüder, hospital KH des Göttlichen Heilandes, St. Anna Kinderspital, Heeresspital Vienna
- Austrian examination for general practitioner 2004
- training as a specialist in urology and andrology hospital KH der Barmherzigen Brüder
- Austrian specialist examination November 2006
Areas of expertise: laparoscopy and robot-assisted surgery, microsurgery, urodynamic testing, prostate cancer
- June 2008: F.E.B.U. (Fellow of the European Board of Urology-European specialist examination)
- senior physician at the urological department of the hospital KH der Barmherzigen Brüder Vienna since November 2008
- 2011: surgical training on the da Vinci surgical system (IRCAD)
- 2012: MSc – Patient Safety through Risk and Quality Management and MBA – Management in Health Care (Donauuniversität Krems).
Doctoral thesis in the hospital St. Anna Kinderspital (quality of life and long-term consequences after allogeneic stem cell transplantation) - nursing service at the hospital KH der Barmherzigen Brüder Vienna - intern representative during training as an intern - setup of outpatient clinic EDP - surgical training trips (Switzerland, Germany, England) - international congress lectures and poster sessions - university lecturer at the Medical University of Vienna - February 2007 entry into the private practice of my sister-in-law Dr. Michaela RABL - research group member “Laparoscopy” and “Andrology” of the ÖGU (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Urologie) - since 2018 proctor (trainer/supporter) for robotic-surgery -founding member of the ÖGR (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Roboterchirurgie / https://www.roboterchirurgie.at/) - interdisciplinary society - contact person of the section urology
Since May 1998 happily married to my wife Raphaela, elementary school teacher and medical masseuse. We have two daughters: Lara, born 2004 and Emily, born 2006. To keep myself fit I do a lot of sports (running, mountain biking, mountaineering, snowboarding,...). I like to spend my free time with family and friends. My job is both, my calling and my hobby.